Thursday, February 28, 2013

A is for Addiction?!

So, before we get to what the heck this title means, let's recap. Wedding planning can be broken down into three little letters, A, B, and C.

C is for Compromise.
B is for Budget.
And A, A is for addiction.

No, not that kind of addiction. An addiction to Pinterest. What is Pinterest you ask? Well, click the link. Go ahead, click it, I'll wait... You back? Probably not, it sucks you in that fast, but I'll be here when you return.


Pinterest is basically an online inspiration board. You scroll through and when you see something that catches your eye you can save it to one of your boards. It links everything back to the original web page it came from. So say you find an amazing recipe for pot roast and you want to try it out next week. You can pin it to a board and then next week pull it up and find the exact same recipe!
 
Since finding Pinterest, my addiction has just grown and grown and grown. I currently have 27 boards, 2,151 pins, and 185 followers! (Can you tell I spend a lot of time on there?)

Now, A is for Addiction because it makes it easier to nail down the general theme and feeling of a wedding. Back when Zack and I first started talking about getting married, I told you guys that I started doing some research about how we wanted our wedding to look. Pinterest was a huge part of this. As I started adding more and more pins it began to show me the kinds of themes I wanted to incorporate into our wedding. Pinterest is also great for vendor meetings. Say, (like me),  you have a crazy theme that no one knows anything about, when you go to meet with your vendors you can pull up your Pinterest boards and scroll through to give them an idea. I also have an entire board dedicated to wedding photo inspiration that I plan to send to my photographer before the big day. I've also used my Pinterest board for The Dress to put together a slide show to take with me when I go shopping (again!).

So there you have it! The ABC's of wedding planning: addiction, budget, and compromise. And for those of you that are curious, you can check out all of my Pinterest boards at http://pinterest.com/callirome/! Is anyone else as addicted as I am?

*All photos from Pinterest.

2 comments:

  1. Pinterest is super, and it's been very good for helping organise my thoughts, but I've found that the longer I'm on there the more I'm seeing the same stuff over and over again. Like mason jars and 'here she comes!' signs. It's a shame, because in theory it can help with really quirky individual ideas, but it seems to become a bit
    "I'm unique, just like everyone else!"

    I suspect it's great for a wedding like your's though, where you have a set theme in mind that's very different from the mainstream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like wedding trends in general start to get a little one note and Pinterest can fuel that fire. It is really great for planning a themed wedding and even to find some interesting ideas I hadn't heard of before though!

    ReplyDelete