Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Me on Waiting

And waiting, and waiting, and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting.

Waiting for what you ask? For a proposal of course!

When we first began dating, marriage was just not something I wanted. Nor was it something he wanted. Then one day something just… shifted. I can’t even tell you what, or why, or how, but all I knew is that I wanted to be married. No, not married. I wanted to be his. I had never wanted to be something more than I wanted to be his Mrs. and he wanted to be my Mr. Without discussing it or overthinking it, it was suddenly apparent to both of us that marriage was something we desperately wanted. Aaaaaaannnd cue waiting.

I waited a long, long, looooong time before Zack got down on one knee and decided to make an honest women out of me. Okay, a year and a half isn't that long, but I’m an impatient person!
There are many, many reasons a girl will wait for a proposal. In my case, it was all about timing. Zack and I shared finances since about six months into our relationship. It just seemed to work much better for us to share our funds rather than paying each other back and forth for things. Every time we built up a savings that could be used toward a ring, something else came up; car repairs, vet bills, moving fees, etc. Because of this, there was absolutely no way Zack could buy a ring and surprise me. So, instead of trying to do it that way, we decided to pick out a ring together.
Once that was settled, we began another long, trying process, the process of finding the ring! We tried a lot of different jewelry stores. At one, the sales lady was super rude, she even asked at one point if I was even 18! At another, we just couldn’t find the ring we wanted. I was super set on a unique band with a marquise and Zack was set on a half carat stone. They didn’t have either, and especially not both. At yet another I found a ring I really liked, and we couldn't get financed. Finally, exhausted and almost ready to give up, we stumbled into Kay Jewelers. I do not have enough good things to say about this place! We came in with a vague idea of what we wanted and the ladies there spent a long time helping us find exactly what we were looking for! We ended up picking a loose marquise and having it custom placed into a setting I fell in love with. When I slipped it on my finger, I gasped and the sales lady slapped her hand down on the counter and exclaimed, “That’s the sigh! This is it!” (Quick side note, they’ve never done this particular match up before so I will never have a ring twin! This makes me overly insanely happy.) These lovely ladies then spent the next two hours doing everything in their power to finance us to get my beautiful darling. Seriously. I love them. We left with a vague idea of something like this:
(Personal Photo)

Next time I will share with you guys how my amazing, perfect proposal went down!
Random Alert! How many times did I say “wait,” “waited,” or “waiting,” in this post? 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment