Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Proposal

Most uninspired name ever, but sometimes things just need to be capitalized and shouted for the world to see!

Now, before I get into this, you need a little bit of background. Zack and I are huge nerds.

(Our hand stamps for Chicago Comicon)
 
 (Our spoils from Chicago Comicon)
 
 (Zack posing with Darth Vader on a recent trip to the Wax Museum in Hollywood)
 

(Huntress by Sean Forney, this is a rough sketch of the final ink drawing we have hanging in our house.)
 
I mean spend tons of money on comic books, decorate our house with artwork, religiously follow shows with amazing Sci-Fi characters, dress up for Halloween, travel the country and attend Comic Cons kind of nerds. Now you may be asking yourself, what the heck is Comic Con? Comic Con is a large convention of comic books and popular arts. Basically it's every nerdtastic thing you've ever seen in your life thrown under one roof. People travel for miles, spend thousands on costumes, and dress up for the most fabulous weekend of amazingness. Before I met Zack, Comic Con was just a vague idea in the back of my mind about where the weirdo's go on the weekends. (Turns out, I am one of those weirdo's. :) ) My first Comic Con was Motor City Comic Con in Novi, Michigan, and I loved it! There were so many amazing things, I couldn't even name them all to you. Artists drawing whatever character strikes your fancy (for a price, but still!),  metalworkers, sculptors, jewelry makers, specialized clothing, statues, toys, and comics as far as the eye can see! After that, we also went to Chicago Comic Con (pictured above) and I loved it just as much! Also, random side note, our hotel room in Chicago was awesome! When we heard that there was a Comic Con going on in our hometown, we just had to go!

A few days before we were going, Zack informed me that he had purchased a photo opportunity with one of my favorite actresses, Eliza Dushku.
 (Isn't she gorgeous?! Photo from IMBD)
 
 
Some of her works include:

Bring It On
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
Angel
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
(and my favorite) Dollhouse!

(Sooooo good! Photo from Wikipedia)
 
Now, I was pretty excited, but I have to admit, I was also kind of annoyed. Photo opportunities are $55 and that's for one unsigned photo! I wasn't going to argue though because, really, when was I ever going to have this chance again?! We spent the first few hours of Comic Con just wandering around and scoping out artists to see what we were going to buy. When the time slot for our photo op came up, we made our way to the back of the con and got in a really long line. I was grumpy because I barely got any sleep and it is really expensive to get your picture taken with a celebrity at cons and there was a really weird guy who wouldn't shut up in line in front of us. Finally, we're getting ready to go in and they are like, "No biting, no hugging, be respectful, ect." (Off topic, but they really said "no biting" like six times! It was weird.) We go in and I'm ready to take the picture and suddenly I hear Eliza go, "Oh stop! Not another one!" and I look over and SO is on one knee and I'm thinking, 'What are you doing?! They said not to be weird, you're going to get us kicked out!' And then he holds up the box with the ring and my hands flew to my mouth and all I could say was, "Oh my god!"
 
 
 
I repeated this over and over for a few minutes before Zack was able to ask me to marry him, of course I said "Yes!"
 
 
I cried quite a bit. And even Eliza teared up!
 
 
Then he slipped the ring on, and we hugged! 
 
 
 
We took a serious one, and then she agreed to sign one for us for free!

 
It was absolutely spectacular! With all of my waiting, I have thought of hundreds of ways that Zack could propose, and even some at Comic Con, but this was never something I saw coming! And here is the beautiful ring that came with my amazing proposal and new fiancé!



 
In case you were wondering Eliza said "not again" because there was a couple that got engaged during her Q&A, but she said ours was better because she could tell the girl from the first one knew and I didn't!
 

* All photos personal unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment